Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Mom's Famous Snickerdoodles

Mom's Famous Snicker-doodles w/ Coconut Oil

      My Mom is the best cook I know, she makes you fall in love food. Now I know what you might be thinking I'm being bias, but all of my 25 years of living everyone loves her food. I've even seen people fight over the last of the Cookies. 
      
     So I called up my mom and asked her for the recipe for her Famous snicker-doodles. I went to the store bought everything I need and came home. As I was looking through the recipe I realized I forgot to by butter!!! But then I remember I had COCONUT OIL, which is the latest craze. So I made the cookies with the C.O and 30 mins later I had the most mouthwatering snicker-doodles. They had a nice sweet taste to them and shared them with my Fiance. He loved them!!  Hope you LOVE the recipe too :)


This Recipe is for 24 cookies for 4 dozen just double everything!

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup soften coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup shortening
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 & 1/4 Teaspoon of Vanilla
  • 1 & 1/3 cup and 1 Tbsp of all purpose flour
  • 1 Teaspoon of Cream of Tartar
  • 1/2 Baking Soda
  • 1/8 Teaspoon of Salt
  • 2 Tablespoons of White Sugar
  • 1 & 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon 

Directions:

1) Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees

2) Cream together Butter, Shortening, 3/4 cup of Sugar, Eggs and Vanilla. Blend Flour, Cream of Tartar, Baking Soda and Salt. Shape dough into rounded spoonful size balls.

3) Mix together the 2 Tbsp of Sugar and Cinnamon. Roll the balls of dough into the mixture and then place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. When placing them on the sheet, press down on each cookie to flatten them. This will help cook them evenly.

4) Bake for 8 - 10 minutes. When taking out of the oven they will be very soft, don't worry if their not they will be too hard when they cool off. Remove them for the cookie sheet immediately and place them on the cookie rack.

*Tips: If you're like me and have an electrical oven, I would either buy an Oven Thermometer or keep the oven cracked open so the Cookies do not burn.








" Cooking is like LOVE; it should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
                  -Julia Child 


UNIQUE.OBSESSIONS
MiChelle
livelovebeauty@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment