Thursday, December 6, 2012

COCONUT OIL HAIR MASK

   
        Coconut Oil is becoming very popular! You can use it for your Skin, Hair, and even cooking. For this blog post I decided to only describe how I used it as a mask for my hair. I have Blonde hair that has been bleached over and over again. My ends get a little dry and I'm always looking for the next product to use for my hair.

         My First concern was that the Coconut Oil was going to make my hair very Oily and second that is was going to be hard to get out of my hair (which I have heard about other DIY hair mask). But to my surprise my hair was not Oily and it was pretty easy to get out of my hair. My Final results were amazing! My hair felt like clouds, it was so soft and shiny. I would recommend everyone trying this hair treatment, It's cheap, easy and the result will  astound you. I am adding this Coconut Oil recipe to my weekly routine!



ITEMS YOU WILL NEED:


  • Coconut Oil
  • Spoon
  • Tupperware / Bowl
  • Spray bottle
  • Detangler Comb

STEP 1

Scoop 2 spoon fulls of Coconut Oil into Bowl. If you have longer hair add more and vice versa. 
Microwave the bowl with Coconut Oil for 30 seconds. You want to melt the Coconut Oil and still make sure it's not to hot when you put it on your hair. 

STEP 2

Damp Hair with Spray bottle and section off your hair in twos so it is easier to apply the Coconut Oil. (section 1 top of hair & 2 is bottom)

STEP 3

Apply Coconut Oil to your hair with your hands. Start at the Scalp (top section) and make your way to the ends of your hair. Massage it all the way through to make sure you have Coconut Oil on ever strand of hair.





STEP 4

With the detangler comb brush the hair to make sure you have no knots in your hair and also it will help make sure your head is completely covered with Coconut Oil. Put hair into a shower cap and keep it on for 1-2 hours. (The first time I did it, I only kept it on for 1 hour and my hair was super soft.)




STEP 5 

Rinse your hair out with shampoo (Be Careful if you are in the shower the floor might be slippery) If needed shampoo twice. Then follow with Conditioner. After you get out of the shower blow dry your hair and that's it!! 


   *COCONUT OIL HAIR MASK IS MY NEW OBSESSION!! 



UNIQUE.OBSESSIONS
MiChelle
livelovebeauty@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment